Winnebago Public Schools is currently accepting applications for a qualified Building Maintenance Manager.
- Performs maintenance management by supervising vendor/maintenance/custodial personnel and establishing priorities in employee schedules.
- Maintains facility, parts inventory, monitoring purchase orders, invoice approvals.
- Manager responsibilities include defining and monitoring associate performance. Follow policy and procedures for all hiring; disciplinary actions; work objectives and their effectiveness and realigning the staff as needed.
- Provides training and continuous development on all maintenance personnel.
- Directs (as assigned), and/or supervises maintenance, preventive maintenance, construction, repair and special projects related to electrical work, HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, locks, and painting, etc.; assures proper troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of system and equipment problems and malfunctions; inspects building, equipment and utility systems to determine or schedule proper maintenance and repairs.
- Coordinates work with outside inspections, providing project management, ensuring safety of personnel, and performing other duties as required.
- Consults with administrators, managers, outside agencies and others concerning building maintenance and repair projects and activities.
- Develop, document and train staff to maintain quality standards, safety standards, OSHA standards and any other government or standard adopted by the school.
- Structure jobs and work environment to meet all OSHA standards.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule. 24/7 communication required.
- Coordinates and/or oversee the hazardous materials control program including asbestos (including being certified as required), locks/keys (with HR) and work order system, fire alarm and intrusion system.
- 24-hour response or designated responder if not available to emergencies (police/fire/weather/etc.)
- Provide documentation of weekly safety check.
• Performs other related duties as assigned, to ensure the safe, efficient and effective functioning of the assigned buildings.
Winnebago Public Schools offers an excellent salary and benefits package including up to full family medical insurance and life insurance paid in full by the district.
Must be able to pass background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Start date: On or about August 1, 2023
How to Apply
Position open until filled.
Please send letter of application, resume, credentials, and references to:
Cherish Mallory, Human Resources Coordinator
Fax: (402) 508-8278