Job Posting FAQ
Welcome to the Teach in Nebraska web site, a recruitment resource for the State of Nebraska. The Teach in Nebraska web site is a FREE service of the Nebraska Department of Education designed to assist educational entities across the state in attracting high quality professionals to the field.
This page was designed to be a general overview of the Teach in Nebraska web site and will assist you in questions regarding the site and its usage. Please feel free to email us if you cannot find the information you are searching for in the following FAQs.
- How do I post a job?
- What types of jobs can be posted?
- What if I have more than one job to post?
- How long until my job gets posted?
- Suppose I make an error or want to change my posting after it has been submitted. What should I do?
- How do I delete a posting?
- Can I search for candidates?
- Is the search registration required for applicants?
- What is the purpose of the online application?
Posting a job on the Teach in Nebraska web site is fast and easy!
- Go to the homepage (nebraskaeducationjobs.ne.gov) and click on the ‘Post a Job’ link.
- Enter the Job Title for your posting.
- Select your zone on the map of the state of Nebraska orfrom the drop down box that corresponds to the location of your educational entity.
- Enter the information for the job you wish to post. Be sure to double-check the information! Select the SAVE button to post the job. That’s it! Your job is now available on Teach in Nebraska.
The primary purpose of Teach in Nebraska is to serve as a resource for recruitment of professional educators. Postings will be accepted for positions in:
- Nebraska’s accredited and approved schools.
- Nebraska’s Educational Service Units, 2-year and 4-year institutions of higher education, the Nebraska Department of Education, and state education organizations.
Any third party agency seeking to post a job vacancy must name the school system or educational entity.
Requests for postings to the site are subject to NDE approval.
The following categories are represented on the site:
- Special Education/Related Services
- Endorsement Areas
- Other Staff
- Other Agency/Institution Postings
Simply click the ‘Post a Job’ link and enter your information. Information can be copied and pasted from one posting to another.
Vacancy information is posted as soon as you click the SAVE button.
5. Suppose I make an error or want to change my posting after it has been submitted. What should I do?
Click ‘Your Jobs’ from the drop down menu. You will see a list of all of your jobs that are currently visible on the TIN website. Click ‘EDIT’ and make your changes, then click ‘SAVE’ to repost the job.
Click ‘Your Jobs’ from the drop down menu. You will see a list of all of your jobs that are currently visible on the TIN website. On the Status line, click “Visible” to change to Not Visible. If you want to re-post a job, you click Show Jobs that are: “Not Visible”, click the Status line to Visible and edit the job information if necessary and click ‘SAVE’. If you want to completely remove a job from the system, put the mouse on the line below the Job Title and click TRASH.
Not at this time
No. This is not an option at this time.
The online application form provides standard information about the candidate to assist in the screening process. It allows applicants to enter their information and save the form to your job where you can view, download and/or print as needed.