WHO WE ARE
We have four locations that are growing. We have 3 in Papillion and 1 in La Vista. Each building has a unique vibe as the individuals we serve are actively involved in daily activities. We offer a variety of programming in the Sarpy County and Omaha Metro to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. At our Education Services location, we work with area school districts to provide 1:1 or small group instruction for their students. Most students are ages 12-21.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Education Services Director, is a person who will lead and operate the Education Services Program by planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating the various offerings at Prime Home Developmental Disabilities Services (PHDDS). The Education Services Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with community members in order to provide opportunities and services for all individuals.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in Education, Business or Social Science is preferred.
- Teaching certificate in the State of Nebraska
- Experience working in an education and or community-based program for persons with developmental disabilities, is desired.
- At least 1 year experience as a supervisor.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Effectively assess an individual’s educational program and plan special interventions for medical, nutritional, or therapeutic needs as necessary.
- Effectively use oral/written communications to coordinate education services, plan and allocate resources, supervising, staff training, prepare and monitor budgets, and utilize thorough decision-making processes.
- utilizing sound decision making processes and formulating, implementing, and monitoring staff goals and objectives to meet the students IEP Goals.
- Formulate, implement, and monitor goals and objectives to execute each students Individual Education Program (IEP) goals.
- Utilize normalization principles, least restrictive alternative concepts, ISP’s, basic behavior management, programming and medications administration monitoring.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- In cooperation with the Operations Director, provide a general assessment of current and future Education Services’ needs.
- Provide a continuum of Education Services training and services for population served.
- Consistently comply with all County, State and Federal rules and regulations as applied to Education Services.
- Participate actively in internal and external evaluations and investigations of the programs including internal systems review and CPS/APS Abuse/Neglect investigations.
- Participate actively in student intake to gain additional detailed knowledge of the unique needs of each person.
- Encourage the involvement of students and students’ representatives in individual program planning and the planning and monitoring of Education Services.
- Provide for the assurance of human and legal rights of all people in Services programs through compliance with all applicable legal mandates.
- Ensure that all staff is trained in the basic competencies required to fulfill the requirements of their positions and are involved in ongoing training to continually improve and upgrade services.
- Effectively coordinate the education services to ensure that students IEP goals and objectives are met in a timely fashion.
- Monitor quality of services provided including client programs, client financial systems, facility issues, safety programs and procedures, and other agency systems.
- Work cooperatively with other service providers in effectively interfacing to ensure quality service delivery for all clients and provide efficient administrative support for managers, supervisors and education support professionals.
- Inform the Operations Director of important issues concerning the clients and Education Services operations.
- Ensure operations run smoothly and seamlessly for school staff with appropriate measures and ratios.