Secondary Math Teacher
Position Purpose: Plans for, teaches, and facilitates learning for all students. Creates a positive learning environment. Maintains academic progress, records, and discipline. Works collaboratively with students, parents and staff to provide and implement classroom education to meet the needs of all students.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited college or university.
- A valid NE Teaching Certificate or the ability to obtain one with appropriate endorsement(s) in Math
- A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will learn.
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional Practices
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Professional verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience.
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
- This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents and the community
- A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a continuous quest for quality education.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Developing students’ cognitive capacity and respect for learning
- Positively fostering students’ self-esteem
- Working with and understanding a diverse student population
- Integration of leadership, technology, and communication into the curriculum
- Planning for and guiding the learning process to help students achieve program objectives
- Maintaining a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
- Implementing useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures
- Selecting and using effective instructional methods and learning materials
- Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned students
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents/ guardians/ staff
- Engaging in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job related knowledge and skill development
- Working collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the school’s program and support the District’s vision, aims and goals
- Integrating of the themes of leadership, technology, and communication with a diverse population
Salary: $45,000 (23-24) and $50,500 (24-25) / Per Year