New Hope Christian School, a private non-denominational Christian school, is seeking a part-time (approx. one day per week) Administrator for the 2021-2022 school year.
This is an ideal position for a retired teacher/principal/administrator who wants to be used as part of the mission of our school.
New Hope Christian School exists to come along side of and assist the family and Church by providing a Christ-centered education, equipping students with a Biblical worldview and by training them to be Christ-like leaders through the encouragement of a loving relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Qualifications of the Administrator include:
- Possess Strong Leadership/Interpersonal Skills
- Experience working in education, managing a non-profit organization or equivalent experience.
- Active participant in a local, Bible-believing church.
- Full support of the New Hope Mission, Statement of Faith, Philosophy of Education and Purpose.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Students, Teachers, Parents and School Board.
- Ability to work with students of all ages and backgrounds.
Responsibilities/Essential Functions of the Administrator include:
- Review performance objectives for students and teachers set by the School Board.
- Set learning goals for students and teachers based on the School Board’s direction and objectives.
- Oversee compliance, and adherence to the curriculum standards established by the School Board.
- Implementing and monitoring school policies and safety protocols outlined in the school handbook.
- Meet weekly with Teachers.
- Provide guidance and counseling to teachers and resolve any interpersonal conflicts.
- Monitor, oversee, and direct communication with parents.
- Monitor and assist teachers in establishing and maintaining student behavior expectations.
- Attend a monthly School Board meeting to give a verbal report, along with a written copy, on the progress and/or problems of the school.
- Monitor and report on teacher performance to the School Board, quarterly.
- Lead, with assistance from the School Board, in the hiring of Teachers and/or other needed staff, when needed.
Starting date will be in July for the 2021-2022 school year.
This position is part-time; approximately one day a week with some availability for communication other times when needed.
Pay is negotiable depending on experience.