New Hope Christian School, a private non-denominational Christian school in Cairo, NE, is seeking a part-time (approx. one day per week) Support Staff.
This is an ideal position for a retired teacher/principal/administrator who wants to be used as part of the mission of our school.
New Hope Christian School exists to come along side of and assist the family and Church by providing a Christ-centered education, equipping students with a Biblical worldview and by training them to be Christ-like leaders through the encouragement of a loving relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Qualifications of the Support Staff include:
- Possess Strong Leadership/Interpersonal Skills
- Experience working in education, managing a non-profit organization or equivalent experience.
- Active participant in a local, Bible-believing church.
- Full support of the New Hope Mission, Statement of Faith, Philosophy of Education and Purpose.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Students, Teachers, Parents and School Board.
- Ability to work with students of all ages and backgrounds.
Responsibilities/Essential Functions of the Support Staff:
- Review performance objectives for students and teacher expectations set by the School Board.
- Implementing and monitoring school policies and safety protocols outlined in the school handbook.
- Meet weekly with Teachers.
- Provide guidance to teachers.
- Monitor, oversee, and direct communication with parents, if necessary.
- Monitor and assist teachers in establishing and maintaining student behavior expectations, if necessary
- Attend a monthly School Board meeting to give a verbal report, along with a written copy, on the progress and/or problems of the school.
- Assistance the School Board, in the hiring of Teachers and/or other staff, when needed.
This position is part-time; approximately one day a week with some availability for communication other times when needed.
Pay is negotiable depending on experience.