Principal – Kearney
The State of Nebraska, Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a Principal for the Division of Children and Family Services for West Kearney High School. This position is responsible for the management of day to day operations of West Kearney High and its mission of supporting high-acuity youth.
Are you a compassionate, results-driven professional who is driven by an unyielding belief that all students can and will achieve their goals? If so, WE NEED YOU!
What we can offer you:
- Continuous Learning Opportunities, including LinkedIn Learning courses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Generous Leave Accruals and Benefits starting Day 1
- Consistent Work Schedule; no Conference Days Required
DHHS State of Nebraska values our employees as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or genetics.
For more information about the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the Division of Children and Family Services, please visit our website, http://dhhs.ne.gov.
Hiring rate of position: Salary commensurate with applicant’s education and experience
Location of position: YRTC-Kearney 2802 30th Ave. Kearney, NE 68845
Work schedule: M-F 8-4pm
Examples of Work
The Principal will display leadership through strategic thinking, relationship building, and holding themselves and faculty accountable to the mission of West Kearney High. The Principal will manage the day-to-day operation of the school; this includes the planning, organizing, selecting, evaluating, directing, coordinating, and reporting of actions necessary to run an effective and efficient school.
- Facilitate efforts to assist students with reaching high academic achievements.
- Articulates a clear and compelling vision to prepare all students for college, career, and community leadership.
- Sets challenging goals, continuously monitors progress, and demonstrates persistence to overcome obstacles to achieve goals.
- Proactively develops and implements school improvement plans to accomplish student achievement goals.
- Helps teachers reach and engage each student based on individual needs and interests.
- Staff evaluations; coaching/mentoring the talent of the faculty and staff.
- Follow a clear and consistent policy for dealing with issues involving student discipline and interactions among teachers and facility staff.
Qualifications / Requirements
How to Apply
To be considered for our positions, please apply through the StateJobs portal: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/3275321/principal-kearney?keywords=principal&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs