Principal – Kearney
Composed of 5 Divisions and more than 4700 employees, the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services is dedicated to our mission of Helping People Live Better Lives. One of the many groups we serve are high-acuity youth; their needs are often significant, complex, and vary from each youth. DHHS is dedicated to a therapeutic, rehabilitative, and holistic approach to their care and is in need of a Principal at our YRTC – Kearney location to assist in driving those efforts forward. All applications will remain confidential until semi-finalists are selected for interviews with the Selection Committee. Should also be expected to present their educational philosophy and background in the interview. DHHS and the State of Nebraska value employees as well as a supportive environment. We strive to promote diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or genetics. The State of Nebraska also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement, and vacation benefits; learn more here! https://statejobs.nebraska.gov/benefits.html
Hiring rate of position: Salary commensurate with applicant’s education and experience
Location of position: YRTC-Kearney 2802 30th Ave. Kearney, NE 68845
Work schedule: M-F 8-4pm
Examples of Work
The Principal will evaluate staff, manage the day to day operations of the school building, maintain relationships with facility staff to collaborate schedules day to day functions. accountable for achieving high results for all students.
- Demonstrates high expectations and an unyielding belief that all students can and will achieve at high levels.
- Holds self and others accountable for reaching high academic achievement of all students.
- Articulates a clear and compelling vision to prepare all students for college, career, and community leadership.
- Sets challenging goals, continuously monitors progress, and demonstrates persistence to overcome obstacles to achieve goals.
- Proactively develops and implements school improvement plans to accomplish student achievement goals.
- Helps teachers reach and engage each student based on individual needs and interests
Qualifications / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities