Nutrition Services Specialist (Program Specialist II)
View full job posting and apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/3606063
If you are passionate about the role food and nutrition play in helping children grow to reach their full potential, keep reading to find a rewarding position to build relationships and support students statewide!
The Nebraska Department of Education is looking for a Nutrition Services Specialist to collaborate with schools and community agencies participating in the National School Lunch Program and Summer Food Service Program.
If you are detail-oriented, enjoy helping others, and great at multitasking, this could be a great fit! This is a fun team with dedicated members with long-term expertise, so you will get great training and motivated candidates can grow with the team.
Examples of Work
- Responds to inquiries and provides consultative services and technical assistance to local program operators.
- Conducts program monitoring; determines program approval, regulatory compliance, and program quality related to administration of the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), and Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) food service operations.
- Analyzes results and writes review reports and monitors corrective action plans.
- Guides school districts, educational service units (ESUs), and local organizations by establishing and expanding their nutrition programs.
- Develops and delivers training and workshops to support food service program staff in understanding program requirements.
- Prepares and updates US Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulation and policy guidance documents. Provides policy interpretation and technical assistance related to program regulations.
- Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Working Conditions and Travel:
This position requires approximately 50% of work time spent in an office environment and the remaining 50% of work time spent traveling and working in sites such as schools, educational service units, and other local organizations.