3rd Grade Teacher
Reports to: Legacy School Administration
Position Description: The Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential in their cognitive, emotional, physical, and language growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing the instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with Legacy School standards.
● Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
● Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
● Completes ongoing assessments of students in their cognitive, emotional, physical, and language growth through standard checklists, observation, and other means of informal assessment.
● Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
● Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
● Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
● Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
● Reports concerns/issues to administration in a timely manner
● Manages student behaviors
● Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
● Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, and subject area
● Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and other staff.
● Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her inservice hours.
● Participates in staff training, inservices, and meetings, as well as school family events throughout the school year.
● Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Legacy School Administration. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals established as part of the annual staff evaluation process.
Education, Certifications, and Work Related Experience:
College Degree in Education
Teaching experience valued
Technical Competencies and Skills:
● Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
● Works independently with little direct supervision
● Works as part of a team
● Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
● Demonstrates strong work ethic
● Has a basic knowledge of computer skills
● Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
● Physical Ability: Tasks may involve extended periods of time standing and/or walking, sitting on the floor, and light lifting.
● Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination.
● Some tasks require oral communications ability.
Salary: based on experience and education
Start Date: August 2020