Paraprofessional – High School
Kenesaw Public Schools is comprised of a dedicated group of professionals that make meaningful impacts on students’ lives by fostering an inclusive and engaging learning environment. As a member of our team, your commitment to supporting the unique needs of our students will play a vital role in creating a learning environment where students are valued for their unique gifts and abilities and are empowered to reach their full potential. Our ideal team member will:
- Foster a dynamic and inclusive learning environment by providing support and encouragement to students of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Collaborate with teachers and educational staff to create engaging lessons and interactive activities that cater to individual learning styles.
- Assist students in understanding and completing assignments, projects, and classroom activities, promoting independent learning skills.
- Utilize creative teaching strategies to reinforce concepts and enhance students’ comprehension in various subjects.
- Encourage student participation and active engagement in classroom discussions and extracurricular activities.
- Provide one-on-one support to students who may need additional assistance in specific subjects or areas of development.
- Implement positive behavior reinforcement techniques to promote a respectful and cooperative classroom atmosphere.
- Support students with special needs, adapting materials and techniques to accommodate their individual learning requirements.
- Act as a role model for students, demonstrating enthusiasm for learning, empathy, and respectful communication.
- Maintain a safe and orderly learning environment, fostering a sense of security and belonging for all students.
- Collaborate with other paraprofessionals and educational professionals to share ideas and best practices for student engagement.
Kenesaw Public Schools is a Class D sized school located in the central Nebraska Tri-City triangle. It is about 30 minutes from Kearney, Grand Island, or Hastings. Our community consistently provides great support and takes pride in our school and offers tremendous opportunities for our students.
This position will work directly with the High School Special Education teacher to support students with mild to severe disabilities. Starting pay is competitive and may include additional fringe benefits for previous experience and/or desire to work with higher-need students.
How to Apply
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field preferred.
- Previous experience working in an educational setting, preferably as a paraprofessional or teaching assistant.
- Passion for education and a strong commitment to fostering students’ love for learning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with students, teachers, and parents.
- Creative and adaptable approach to teaching, with the ability to make learning enjoyable and relevant to students’ lives.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to provide constructive feedback and encouragement to students.
- Knowledge of diverse learning styles and the ability to adapt teaching methods accordingly.
- Familiarity with educational technology and a willingness to integrate it into the learning experience.
- Understanding of and appreciation for cultural diversity and its importance in the learning environment.
Applications are on the district website.
If interested, you may submit an application, resume, and inquiries to the Superintendent, Rick Masters at: RMasters@KenesawSchools.org (402) 752-3215