High School Math–Grand Island Senior High
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Develops and administers mathematics curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials for subject area, and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in mathematics, including concepts such as real an imaginary numbers, formulas, calculations and geometry, and promotes creative thinking and analysis in all related subject areas.
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of mathematics to everyday existence and problem-solving.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
Salary Range–$41,000-$83,000 (depending on experience and degree level)
Hiring Bonus–$1000 year 1 and 2. Retention Bonus after year 3 for $3000
Start Date–August 5, 2024 (new teacher training–paid)
187 teaching contract, 10 days of sick leave (90 day bank), 3 Personal Days, Single insurance covered by district, family insurance available with district paying part of it.
Strong Mentoring program