Evaluates needs of children within ESU 6 service area, and plans and carries out programs to enable children to attain maximum achievement and adjustment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts diagnostic evaluations to identify child’s needs, limitations, and potentials, observing child in classroom and at play, studying school records, consulting with parents and school personnel, and administering and interpreting diagnostic findings to help determine verification of disabilities.
- Prepares formal reports on students evaluated with diagnostic statements and recommendations.
- Serves as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to determine disabilities and program recommendations.
- Carries out research to aid in introduction of programs in schools to meet current psychological, educational, and sociological needs of children.
- Counsels pupils individually and in groups to assist pupils to achieve personal, social, and emotional adjustment.
- Provides classroom observations upon teacher request and parental permission to aid in evaluating students or to assist the teacher in behavioral management.
- Facilitates referral of students with disabilities to other agencies upon request of schools or parents.
- Maintains records in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Advises teachers and other school personnel on methods to enhance school and classroom atmosphere to provide motivating educational environment.
- Refers individuals to community agencies to secure medical, vocational, or social services for child or family.
- Serves as consultant to ESU 6 Director of Student Services, administrative committees, and parent teacher groups in matters involving psychological services within educational system or school.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Master’s degree required; four to ten years related experience and/or training preferred
- Current driver’s license; Valid Nebraska teaching certificate with an endorsement in School Psychology
- Position is two days per week (.40 FTE) for the 2018-19 school year.
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
- Please visit www.esu6.org for a full job description and application instructions.
How to Apply
Visit www.esu6.org/opportunities for application instructions.