Teammates Building Coordinator
Crete Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the position of a TeamMates Building Coordinator. This person will work with adult volunteer mentors, student mentees, and school staff to assist students to reach their full potential.
This position works 24 hours per week. Benefits include health insurance, short and long term disability, and sick and PTO leave. This position is opened until filled.
- Associate’s degree or higher education level
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background check
Essential Job Functions:
- General supervisory, teaching and instructional skills.
- Basic operational skills for PC computer,knowledge of excel, word, google drive.
- Poised, marketing skills, ability to build relationships with students, mentors and staff.
- Supervise a variety of tasks at the same time.
- Good oral and written skills.
- Positive attitude, ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must have passion for youth, education and community.
- Identify, recruit, screen, and train potential volunteer mentors.and student mentees
- Assist with mentor and mentee concerns and questions.
- Monitor students’ progress, and provide students and teachers with assistance in resolving any concerns
- Ensure accurate and updated records including student grades, attendance, office referrals, and activities.
- Maintain mentor and mentee records in the database program.
- Coordinate with Program Director to:
- evaluate the work of staff and volunteers to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
- establish and oversee administrative procedures and budget to meet objectives set by boards of directors or senior management.
- determine organizational policies regarding such issues as participant eligibility, program requirements, and program benefits.
- implement program plans by ordering needed materials, scheduling speakers, reserving space, and handling other administrative details.
- attend meetings and work with TeamMates board to establish and carry out annual goals, budget and program of the TeamMates Board.
- Informally counsel individuals regarding interpersonal, health, and educational challenges.
- Collaborate with other school staff, Program Director and TeamMates board to establish goals and objectives for TeamMates and to develop ways to encourage program participation.
- Schedule special events such as meetings, fundraisers, and mentor/mentee events.
- Help establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in the community to meet community needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated.
- Speak to community groups to explain and interpret TeamMates purposes, programs, and policies.
- Represent TeamMates in relations with community and media institutions.
- Provide appropriate recognition and appreciation for mentors and staff assisting with the program
Position Title: TeamMates Building Coordinator
Job ID#: 1660
Assignment: Middle School
Reports to: TeamMates Program Coordinator
Date Available: Immediately
Work Agreement: 197 Days
Hourly Pay: Starts at $15.98 and is based on related job experience