After School Group Leader
The After School Group Leader has the overall responsibility for the direct service delivery of the out of school time programs at assigned site working with Kindergarten – 8th grade youth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Consistent repositioning self in order to maintain supervision of all youth at all times.
- Move through classroom and other spaces to effectively interact with youth.
- Maintain daily schedule in a timely manner, staying on task and completing all activities and lesson plans.
- Monitor assigned group at all times, never leaving youth unattended.
Education of Children
- Teach daily academic and enrichment lessons to a group of 10-20
- youth with enthusiasm.
- Develop and implement weekly lesson plans for academic and
- enrichment activities.
- Track academic decline and progress through pre and post testing and other tracking procedures.
- Identify youth in need of additional academic support.
- Teach and counsel youth on appropriate skills and behaviors.
- Serve as a role model for youth by exhibiting skills taught in
- Set appropriate boundaries with youth.
- Assist with the relevant record keeping and behavioral tracking
- Report concerns about youth safety according to agency policy and procedures.
- Follow schedule and ensure structured activities are safe.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality and boundaries at all times. Strictly enforces sign in/out policy for youth in program.
Parent/Guardian Daily Interaction
Effectively communicate with parents/guardians daily (in verbal and written form) information regarding the program that is critical to the care of their children including, but not limited to: Positive Feedback on children, Issues of Concern, Event Information, Program Cancellations, Resources for further intervention, Communicate with Program Coordinator parent/guardian requests and concerns within 1 day of receiving them Community Awareness, Develop respectful relationships with persons from a variety of cultural and socioeconomic background.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to be sensitive and confidential when working on issues with children and families.
- Ability to organize work, have attention to detail, and plan/prepare for future work.
- Present professional appearance and demeanor.
- Use good judgment and serve as a role model for children.
- Build strong relationships, engage with youth, and interact well with different individuals.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work, problem solve, be assertive and make decisions with minimal supervision when required.
- Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
- Volunteer or paid experience working with at-risk, school age children is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- Experience working with at risk youth preferred.
- High school education with one year of college in Social Work, Psychology, Education, Human Service or related field (1-2 years of directly related experience may be equivalent
- Physical Requirements:
- Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computer. 25-49%
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate
- with others. 75-100%
- Standing/Walking: 75-100%
- Climbing/Stoop/Kneeling: 75-100%
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 75-100%
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type,
- and use phone system. 50-74%
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Required for all positions: Knowledge of Completely KIDS mission, values, & Employee Handbook.
Salary– $14.50 hourly rate
Start Date– August 15th, 2o23
How to Apply
If interested in applying, please use the link below!