Infant/Toddler Associate Teacher
Do you enjoy working with infants and toddlers to support their growth and development? Do you want to contribute your skills in early childhood education to help families in our community?
Community Action Early Head Start is growing and we are looking for energetic Infant/Toddler Associate Teachers to join us! This role will partner with our Lead Teachers to plan and implement a high-quality education program for infants and toddlers in our Early Head Start Program. This individual will develop positive relationships with children and their families to support their daily needs, development, and goals.
We are looking for someone that loves working with young children and is passionate about providing all the resources necessary to positively impact the development of children. Our team members have the unique opportunity to support children and families from at-risk backgrounds reach their goals and achieve success.
Starting Wage: $13.81-$15.34/hour based on qualifications
- Work with the Lead Teacher to plan and implement a developmentally appropriate education program for children ages 6 weeks to 3 years that will enhance the social-emotional, physical, language, and cognitive development of each child.
- Provide opportunities for children to develop positive self-images and experience success.
- Foster positive relationships with all children in the classroom.
- Ensure that all children are under appropriate supervision and guidance at all times.
- Observe, assess and document each assigned child’s health, skills, behavior, growth and development.
- Develop effective partnerships with parents/caregivers by regularly sharing information and encouraging parent/caregiver input into all aspects of the educational program.
- In the absence of the Lead Teacher, take responsibility for the management of the classroom.
- Develop effective relationships with parents through regular communication.
- Formal education/training in Early Childhood Education or Child Development: Child Development Associate (CDA) certification, or enrolled in a CDA program that will be completed within 6 months, or an Associate’s degree, or currently enrolled in a program leading to a degree.
- Minimum of one year experience working with young children and their families in a day care or related setting required.
- Strong verbal and written proficiencies of the English language and communication skills required.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Sensitivity to the experiences, needs, and strengths of low-income and diverse populations, and individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to take initiative to continually improve service.
- Knowledge of curriculum, principles and best practices of early childhood education.
- Ability to work independently and with interdisciplinary teams to achieve shared program goals.
- Commitment to building relationships with children and families.
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Employer-paid life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability coverage.
- Generous Paid Time Off plan and 11 paid holidays.
- 401K with employer match.
- Education Assistance Program for continuing education.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program for federal student loans.
- Extensive opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Engaging work environment with friendly and supportive team members.
- Meaningful work that positive impacts families and children in our community.
About Community Action:
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties is a private, not-for-profit organization with the belief that extraordinary employees have the power to positively transform lives and communities. We value people who are passionate, ethical, and dedicated to empowering those living in poverty to reach economic stability.
About Head Start:
Community Action Head Start gives children from at-risk backgrounds opportunities to build the skills they need to be successful in school and life. We work alongside children, families, and the community on the path to success. Services are provided at no cost to families.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, marital status, genetics, or any other status protected under federal and state law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Effective January 1, 2022, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in compliance with any federal, state, and local regulations; and contract/funding requirements related to COVID-19 vaccination.
New or prospective employees hired after January 1, 2022, will need to have completed their first dose prior to their start date, and provide documentation of their current vaccination status. Full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA, must be completed no later than 6 weeks after their start date.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
INFANT/TODDLER ASSOCIATE TEACHER
Starting Wage: $13.81-$15.34/hour based on qualifications