Family Educator – Spanish or Karen Bilingual Preferred
Are you intrigued by the opportunity to work with children and families on the path to success? Do you want to use your knowledge of child development to positively impact the early learning of infants and toddlers?
Community Action Early Head Start is looking for a dedicated Family Educator – Spanish or Karen Bilingual Preferred to join our team! The Family Educator will provide program services responsive to the needs of pregnant women and children birth to three and their families, including quality early childhood education and school readiness, parent education, family engagement, and health.
We are looking for someone that loves working with young children and is passionate about providing all the resources necessary to positively impact the development of children. Our team members have the unique opportunity to support children and families from at-risk backgrounds reach their goals and achieve success.
Starting Pay: $14.77-$16.30/hour
- Conduct home visits for young children, pregnant women and their families.
- Monitor and educate parents with respect to children’s health status, including medical follow- ups, physical, dental, mental, and nutritional health.
- Carry out curriculum for child development in the context of the home and during group socialization experiences.
- Assist parents in using existing resources in their home and neighborhoods to create safe, stimulating and educationally challenging environment for their children.
- Conduct screening, ongoing assessment, and observations of children’s development.
- Encourage and assist pregnant women enrolled in the program to make appropriate preparations for the development and birth of their infant.
- Plan and complete lesson plans for children/pregnant women on caseload.
- Develop positive relationships with families and children.
- Minimum of a Home Visitor Child Development Associate credential or comparable credential or equivalent coursework as part of an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree required.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Karen preferred.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Human Services or related field preferred.
- Strong verbal and written proficiencies of the English language required.
- Valid Nebraska Driver’s License and good driving record required.
- Sensitivity to the barriers that families living in poverty experience and knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge and experience in child development, principles of child health, safety and nutrition, adult learning principles and family dynamics.
- Must have capacity to problem solve, handle crises, and work with families and children of various cultures from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Employer-paid life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability coverage.
- Paid Time Off plan and 11 paid holidays.
- 401K with employer match.
- Education Assistance Program for continuing education.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program for federal student loans.
- Extensive opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Engaging work environment with friendly and supportive team members.
- Meaningful work that positively impacts families and children in our community.
About Head Start:
Community Action Head Start gives children from at-risk backgrounds opportunities to build the skills they need to be successful in school and life. We work alongside children, families, and the community on the path to success. Services are provided at no cost to families.
About Community Action:
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties is a private, not-for-profit organization with the belief that extraordinary employees have the power to positively transform lives and communities. We value people who are passionate, ethical, and dedicated to empowering those living in poverty to reach economic stability.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, marital status, genetics, or any other status protected under federal and state law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Effective January 1, 2022, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in compliance with any federal, state, and local regulations; and contract/funding requirements related to COVID-19 vaccination.
New or prospective employees hired after January 1, 2022, will need to have completed their first dose prior to their start date, and provide documentation of their current vaccination status. Full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA, must be completed no later than 6 weeks after their start date.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Starting Pay: $14.77-$16.30/hour