Seeking a full-time Occupational Therapist in Columbus, NE supporting our School Pediatric division. This position offers full benefits and great collaborative team
Assure the quality of patient care, evaluation and treatment programs by providing hands on assessment, treatment, and direction to subordinate staff on matters of treatment.
- Evaluate patients using appropriate Occupational Therapy Techniques.
- Develop and implement patient plan of care and goals using appropriate OT skills, and reviewing and revising the program as progress indicates.
- Actively listen to patient and family concerns when modifying treatment plans.
- Be able to provide patient care during scheduled hours as assigned by a supervisor.
- Educate and motivate patients and families to learn and improve functional activities.
- Assure the quality of overall perceived patient care.
- Document progress, discharge summaries, home programs, and other required documentation in a timely manner.
- Confer with physicians and other staff members to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment plans.
- Maintain patient and family confidentiality at all times.
- Participate in continuing education activities and obtain required contact hours.
- Appropriately utilize Occupational Therapist Aides to assist with patient care.
- All job duties considered essential to job performance.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate positive rapport with staff members, developing positive employee relations.
- Demonstrate sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- Take direction and initiate actions that will allow the assumption of cross-functional duties to ensure seamless patient care.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Follow CNRS policies and procedures, including safety processes.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Occupational Therapist in the state of Nebraska.
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, and lifting.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
The intent of this description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and performance expectations for the position. This description is subject to modification as necessary and is not a contract of employment terms.
2021/2022 School Year and beyond