To start August 2024
Every student. Every mind. Every heart. Known. Inspired. Challenged.
A compassionate community of diverse learners empowered and determined to reach their unique potential and positively impact the world.
Brownell Talbot School Values
Compassion: We believe in considering the unique needs of others; we show compassion by seeking to understand with genuine care, and we build a sense of belonging for everyone.
Respect: We believe in treating everyone with dignity; we show respect by valuing ourselves and others through our words and actions, and by taking great pride in our school.
Responsibility: We believe we are capable; we show responsibility by meeting expectations, finding solutions, and giving our best to each other.
Integrity: We believe in doing the right thing; we show integrity by keeping commitments and telling the truth, even when it’s not easy.
Brownell Talbot College Preparatory School, founded in 1863, is a Nebraska state-approved preschool through grade 12 school. We are a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS) and are accredited by Cognia. Brownell Talbot is an exciting environment for professionals who like to be part of a supportive team of dedicated individuals who thrive on the challenges and rewards of working with an active community. Brownell Talbot fosters an educational environment that is inclusive and accepting of diverse individuals and viewpoints.
BT Science Department Philosophy
The Science Department is committed to teaching science as it is done in the real world. Rather than requiring rote memorization of facts, students are encouraged to develop an intuition for how the world around them works. Our aim is to prepare students to perform the major tasks of science: inquiry, examination, and explanation. This is achieved through laboratory work, modeling, and applications to the natural world.
Science Department Statement
The Science Department is looking for a candidate who is excited to join an innovative, collaborative, and energetic department. We are looking for a Science Teacher who is passionate about teaching and inspiring students. The ideal candidate should be dedicated to fostering a love of science and inquiry among students. We hope to find a new member to help us continue to grow as hands-on educators of science with a global focus.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
Science teacher qualities, duties, and responsibilities include:
● Design of age-appropriate science curriculum that is aligned to NGSS standards.
● Preparation and implementation of innovative daily lessons, delivery of assignments, and timely evaluation of all relevant classwork and student progress.
● Design and implementation of appropriate, authentic assessments and support of individual student learning styles.
● Excitement about science and providing quality, hands-on differentiated instruction.
● Experience with or interest in learning about inquiry and project-based learning.
● Ability to develop quality, working relationships with students.
● Willingness to assist with the recruitment and retention of students.
● Timely and proactive communication with parents about student progress.
● Serving as an advisor or class sponsor.
● Collaboration with other members of the faculty, administration, and staff on experiential, interdisciplinary, and community-based opportunities that add to the school community.
● Active participation in all faculty and staff meetings.
● Effective and timely communication with varied school constituencies in person, through email, and through voicemail.
● Support of divisional and school-wide initiatives through committee work, where appropriate.
● Supervision and/or participation in occasional non-academic activities, including lunch, study hall, and carpool arrival and dismissal.
The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree and be eligible for a Nebraska teaching certificate. Endorsements in both Middle Level Education and Science 7-12 are preferred, though either would be sufficient for the position. A minimum of five years of teaching experience at
either the middle or high school level is preferred. The successful candidate will also possess a passion for science education, creativity in the classroom, and the desire to be part of a close learning community. The candidate must possess or acquire and maintain a State of Nebraska-issued teaching certificate.
**Brownell Talbot College Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected under local, state, and federal law in admission or access to or treatment of employment or educational programs and activities.**
Salary Range: $48,000-$58,000 based on years of experience and degree
Start Date: August 2024
How to Apply
Application process: Interested candidates are invited to visit brownell.edu/careers to obtain an application. Please submit the completed application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.