Teacher – Duncan Day School
TITLE: Resource Teacher – Duncan, Nebraska
CLOSING DATE: 6/27/2022
HIRING BONUS: $3,000
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
OVERVIEW OF BOYSTOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town and Duncan Day School in Duncan, Nebraska is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit.
Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people.
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
As our Resource Teacher at our Duncan Day School, you will be responsible to design and deliver a balanced program of instruction in an assigned subject matter. You will teach assigned curriculum to youth as well as develop and implement both group and individual lesson plans for daily, quarter, semester, and year-long periods planning instructional experiences for students in accordance with established curriculum. In addition, you will be responsible to maintain accurate and complete records as required by laws, policies, and regulations as well as instruct students utilizing a variety of classroom methods, adapting methodology and instructional materials to meet student needs, abilities, and IEP’s. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assigns and grades class work and homework; prepares, administers, and grades tests.
- Establishes and implements behavioral protocols; observes and evaluates student behavior, performance, social development, and physical health.
- Supports school-related extracurricular activities.
- Maintains positive professional communications with parents, guardians, administration, and colleagues regarding progress and concerns.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan’s Boys’ Home mission.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- Knowledge of state policies, statutes, and procedures on education and regulations of Nebraska.
- Ability to deliver instruction in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to modify or adapt general education curriculum.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional competence via in-service education, self-selected professional education, and curriculum development.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the use of a behavioral approach to motivate student learning.
- Ability to demonstrate concern and respect for individual students.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school, preferably in Special Education
- Properly endorsed and certificated
- Previous classroom teaching experience in the field preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified.
Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer. Please contact us at 1-877-639-6003 if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
Boys Town is an affirmative action employer and participates in the E-Verify program