Substitute Teaching Assistant, CCDLL
November 20, 2023
Under general direction of Director, Associate Director, and Lead Teacher of Early Childhood Services, provides assistance for the Preschool Program and Center for Childhood Deafness (CCD). Responsible for assisting preschool educators with the daily functioning of the educational program and supervision of children enrolled in the program.
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Substitue Teaching Assistant (On-Call), you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. Under general direction of Director, Associate Director, and Lead Teacher of Early Childhood Services, provides assistance for the Preschool Program and Center for Childhood Deafness (CCD). Responsible for assisting preschool educators with the daily functioning of the educational program and supervision of children enrolled in the program.
Schedule: On-Call between the hours of 8:30am-3:00pm Monday to Friday during school year (August-June)
- Assists preschool teachers with the daily functions of the program including bus duty, child supervision, feeding/toileting routines, daily planning, material construction, and classroom maintenance.
- Assists preschool teachers in providing developmentally appropriate practices facilitating development of language and overall growth of young children.
- Assists or directly carries out educational plan as directed by teachers and support staff including speech-language therapists, audiologists, occupational/physical therapists.
- Assists students with self-care programs.
- Assists professional staff in creating modified classroom materials as needed.
- Completes documentation and record keeping as necessary for program administration.
- Assists preschool teachers in positively managing children’s behavior.
- Maintains good interpersonal relations with peers and professional staff affiliated with the program.
- Performs captioning duties as needed.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of child development and developmentally appropriate preschool practices.
- Knowledge of appropriate ways to manage and guide children’s behavior.
- Ability to communicate using proficient spoken and written English language skills, providing an excellent speech and language model.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work efficiently and bring projects to completion on time.
- Ability to lift children.
- Ability to establish supportive relationships with children, parents, teachers, and staff.
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient population served.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Previous experience working with young children,
- Proficient spoken and written English language skills
- Ability to learn sign language