Posted: November 13, 2023
Assists with instructional and behavioral management of youth in school, under the supervision of a certificated staff member.
HIRING BONUS: $1500
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Provides general assistance and support to teachers.
- Assists teachers with both instructional and behavioral management duties and with the implementation of the Boys Town Education model.
- Attends in-service workshops and training programs to improve knowledge and skills.
- Conducts follow-up lessons that are initiated by teachers.
- Provides students with assistance on in-class work, with feedback on graded work, and with corrections to class work.
- Assists teachers in preparing student assignments, in grading student work, and when teaching to large groups of students.
- Supervises students during non-instructional periods.
- Demonstrates concern and respect for individual students and assumes responsibility for the academic and social skills growth of each student.
- Cares for student health and well-being during the school day and serves as a role model by exhibiting skills taught in the school program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to successfully teach and present material to students.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Boys Town Model.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
How to Apply
Please apply online at jobs.boystown.org