Early Elementary Teacher K-3
Hiring Bonus: $5000
Schedule: Follows 9-month school calendar, M-F 7:30am-3:30pm
The Early Elementary Teacher designs and delivers a balanced program of instruction in an assigned subject matter.
- Teaches assigned curriculum to youth.
- Develops and implements both group and individual lesson plans for daily, quarter, semester, and year-long periods planning instructional experiences for students in accordance with established curriculum.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by laws, policies, and regulations.
- Instructs students utilizing a variety of classroom methods, adapting methodology and instructional materials to meet student needs, abilities, and IEPs.
- Assigns and grades class work and homework; prepares, administers, and grades tests.
- Establishes and implements behavioral protocols; observes and evaluates student behavior, performance, social development, and physical health.
- Supports school-related extracurricular activities.
- Maintains positive professional communications with parents, guardians, administration, and colleagues regarding progress and concerns.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan’s Boys’ Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
- Knowledge of state policies, statutes, and procedures on education and regulations of Nebraska.
- Ability to deliver instruction in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to modify or adapt general education curriculum.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional competence via in-service education, self-selected professional education, and curriculum development.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the use of a behavioral approach to motivate student learning.
- Ability to demonstrate concern and respect for individual students.
How to Apply
Please apply online at jobs.boystown.org