Early Childhood Infant Lead Teacher
Seeking an individual committed to high quality early childhood education, with the ability to plan and lead in one of our Infant classrooms, 6 weeks to 18 months. This position will work an alternating schedule of 7:30-4 and 9:00-5:30.
Candidate should be flexible, creative, self-motivated, patient, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Plan and implement developmentally appropriate classroom activities that will enhance the social-emotional, physical, language, and cognitive development of each child.
● Develop developmentally appropriate lesson plans with goals, objectives, activities, and outcomes for children and implement them intentionally.
● Develop and maintain an attractive and stimulating learning environment that encourages each child’s independence and self-selection of activities.
● Provide opportunities for each child to develop a positive self-image and experience success.
● Observe, assess, and document each child’s skills, behavior, growth, and development.
● Assist children in the smooth, daily transitions including those from home to Boone Beginnings as well as between center activities.
● Ensure that all children are always under appropriate supervision and guidance.
● Maintain a clean, safe, and healthy classroom environment.
● Ensure all center policies are followed and Nebraska childcare regulations are met.
● Schedule and meet with parents regularly about their child’s progress.
● Encourage parent participation in program activities and in implementing education activities for their children at home.
● Develop effective partnerships with parents.
● Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
● Supervise Assistant Teacher, Support Staff, and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene, and safety standards.
● Serve as a model and coach for Assistant Teacher and Support Staff.
● Delegate responsibilities to the Assistant Teacher as appropriate.
● Maintain confidentiality.
● Maintain daily attendance and CACFP food counts.
● Ensure the timely completion of necessary paperwork, including developmental assessments, lesson plans, newsletters, etc.
● Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement and attend in-service trainings.
● Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the job description.
Education and Experience Requirements
● A Bachelor’s or Associates degree in early childhood education or other degree that meets state childcare licensing requirement preferred or;
● Two years of experience in early childhood group setting preferred.
● A High School diploma or GED required
● Must clear full background check.
● Must pass health screening.
· Paid time off and holidays
· Flexible schedules
· Monday through Friday work schedule
Salary range is $12-$14 an hour dependent upon education and experience