Assistant High School Girls Tennis Coach
Bennington Public Schools
Position Title: Assistant High School Girls Tennis Coach
BENNINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
JOB TITLE: Assistant High School Girls Tennis Coach
LOCATION: Bennington High School
REPORTS TO: Head Coach/Activities Director
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Part Time
APPLICATION MATERIALS REQUIRED:
- Candidates preferred to have one of the following:
- A valid Nebraska Teaching and/or Administrative & Supervisory certificate.
- A valid Provisional Trades Certificate and/or valid Special Services certificate.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Be responsible to Head Coach in all matters pertaining to the sport.
- Assist in conducting daily practices as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assist in developing daily, weekly, and season practice schedules.
- Attend and participate in all practices, scrimmages and games as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assist in interpreting and enforcing NFHS, NSAA and district guidelines for his/her sport.
- Attend meetings as directed by the Head Coach or Activities Director.
- Assist in securing facilities after games and practices.
- Know and follow procedures and protocol for dealing with blood and fluids as described in the rulebooks and manuals from the NFHS and NSAA along with training provided by BPS.
- Assist in preparing facilities before home events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Activities Director.
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including pertinent software applications; planning and managing projects; preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: school district operations and philosophy; concepts of grammar and punctuation.
ABILITY is required to schedule a significant number of activities, meetings, and/or events; routinely gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing a variety of complex processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. In working with others, problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires analysis based on organizational objectives; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working as part of a team; working with constant and sustained interruptions; working with detailed information/data.
Additional Duties may be assigned by Principal and/or Supervisor.
The essential functions of the position include: (1) regular, dependable attendance on the job; (2) the ability to perform the identified tasks and to possess and utilize the identified knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the identified work activities; and, (3) the ability to perform the identified physical requirements as outlined in working environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to lift and pull or push articles up to 50 pounds. He/she sits most of the time but must walk frequently and, at times, stand. The employee is required to reach with his/her hands and continuously to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times as in typing. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to the job. He/she is constantly working to meet deadlines with severe time restraints. He/she must see and read fine print such as typed or handwritten materials and have good depth perception (fine muscle control). The employee must, also, be able to hear conversation in a noisy environment and to communicate clearly and concisely through speech.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.