Special Education Teacher
WESTSIDE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
909 South 76th Street
Omaha, NE 68114
Position Available for 2019-2020 School Year
Elementary Special Education Teacher ~ District
Education Level and Certification: Bachelors degree required. Must possess at all times during employment a Nebraska Teaching Certificate with such endorsements as required by NDE Rule 10. Must possess Special Education Endorsement appropriate for the instructional responsibility assigned (grade level and disability) as required by NDE Rules 24 and 51. Additional endorsements in core academic subject areas or HOUSSE approval as required by the teacher’s assignment to be NCLB qualified.
Reports To: Principal and Director of Special Services
Performance Responsibilities and Job Tasks:
- Maintain all pertinent NDE documents
- Manage caseloads
- Provide services as directed in IEP.
- Progress monitor IEP goals and provide written progress reports to parents four times/year.
- Participate in MDTs for new students and students already on caseload.
- Collaborate with general education and related service staff regarding student progress and participation in the general education curriculum.
- Develop a working knowledge of students on caseload as it pertains to providing special education services.
- Document all parent pertinent interactions with parents, outside agencies etc. (phone calls, notes, etc.).
- Supervise paraprofessionals.
- Conduct formal and informal diagnostic observations and evaluations.
- Communicate with the district and outside agencies.
- Attend regularly scheduled and other announced special education meetings.
- Comply with NDE Rule 51 guidelines.
Apply Online: https://westside.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Westside Community Schools is an EEO Employer
Salary will commensurate with experience
The contract will begin July 30, 2019