POSITION TITLE: Part-Time Custodian
Shifts Available: 4:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.; Monday – Friday
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Ability to perform the essential job functions
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective grooming skills
- Ability to lift 55 pounds to shoulder height occasionally
- Ability to push / pull a minimum of 20 pounds frequently
REPORTS TO: Manager of Custodial Operations and the Director of Environmental Services; or at the high school the custodian would report to the High School Building Manager, the Manager of Custodial Operations, and the Director of Environmental Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform major cleaning tasks such as vacuuming (using a 20 lb. vacuum daily for 3-4 hours), wet-mopping, sweeping, dusting, emptying trash (lifting waste paper and debris – minimum of 55 lbs.) and pencil sharpeners, cleaning chalkboards and disinfecting drinking fountains.
- Clean restrooms, including floors and all fixtures (i.e.: urinals, toilets, sinks, mirrors, partitions, and counters). Ensure restrooms are clean and disinfected.
- Wash windows and sills (door glass).
- Perform ongoing tasks such as replacing light bulbs (climb ladders up to a height of 16 feet), filling dispensers, and setting up facilities for student and adult use (lifting furniture, boxes, and cafeteria tables-minimum of 55 lbs.).
- Make minor building repairs and promptly report major repairs needed to the Head Custodian.
- Work overtime and on weekends as necessary to meet District events and facility schedules.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are appropriately locked.
- Must be able to go up and down stairs frequently, as well as regular bending and standing as needed in a daily shift.
- Assist in major clean-up in summer such as washing desks and chairs, washing down walls, stripping and waxing floors, etc.
- Pull weeds, keep grounds free of rubbish and in winter shovel snow from steps and sidewalks and apply ice melt when appropriate.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a professional relationship with students, faculty, administration and community patrons.
- Submit all data and information as requested.
- Regularly monitor district email for pertinent communication.
- Attend meetings as scheduled by supervisors and District Administrators.
- Complete requested paperwork.
All applicants must apply online.
Westside Community Schools is an EEO employer
How to Apply
Apply online: www.westside66.org