Director of Secondary Teaching and Learning
Job Title: Director of Secondary Teaching and Learning
Department: Teaching and Learning
Education Level and Certification: Master’s Degree from an approved institution with a major in educational administration or accepted equivalent
Certification: Must possess a Nebraska Administrative and Supervisory Certificate at all times during employment with such endorsements as required by NDE Rule 10
Experience Desired: Building administrative experience
Reports To: Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
Position Description: As a member of the Teaching and Learning Department, this director will oversee and lead the secondary teaching and learning program for the Westside Community School District.
Performance Responsibilities and Job Tasks: The Director of Secondary Teaching and Learning is responsible for the following areas:
- Develop and lead the 7-12 curriculum and assessment design process: Conduct a needs assessment with curriculum leaders and develop a transparent curriculum and assessment cycle through the toolbox cycle.
- Facilitate the established 7-12 curriculum cycle: Utilize the needs assessment to develop short and long terms goals for future work and carry out the plans with collaborative teams.
- Manage and lead 7-12 assessments: Coordinate activities such as portfolio assessments, standards-based report cards, and MTSS work.
- Manage and lead K-12 State and National Testing: Manage and complete the tasks necessary for a successful implementation of required state and national tests. Be the lead with state reporting through the NDE portal.
- Lead the analysis and interpretation of 7-12 testing results: Lead groups of educators in the analysis and interpretation of various local/District, state, and national assessments, serve as the District Assessment Coordinator (DAC), and oversee the use of Illuminate. Present to the BOE the results of the K-12 Testing.
- Coordinate and evaluate selected 7-12 principals: Provide supervision and facilitate regular meetings with principals.
- Supervision: Provide guidance, support and mentoring to Administrator of High School Teaching and Learning.
- 7-12 lead contact: Be the lead contact for items such as 7-12 curriculum and assessment topics and issues, and advise 7-12 principals in the event of situational issues that arise at the building level.
- Accreditation: Lead the Nebraska Frameworks accreditation process.
- Perkins: Organize all aspects of the Perkins Grant.
- Lead 7-12 Professional Learning: Collaborate with Superintendent, senior leadership, principals, teachers, and to lead the professional learning for 7-12 certified staff in the District.
- Team member: Serve on District cabinet and council teams, appropriate MOEC and Learning Community committees, MTSS and work closely with the team members of the Teaching and Learning Department.
Essential Functions: The essential functions of the Director of Secondary Teaching and Learning position include: (1) regular, dependable attendance on the job; (2) the ability to perform the identified tasks and to possess and utilize the identified knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the identified work activities; and, (3) the ability to perform identified physical requirements (full description available upon request).
Apply online: www.westside66.org
Westside Community Schools is an EEO employer
Start July 1, 2019
How to Apply
Apply online at: www.westside66.org