Educational Facilitator- Preschool to Grade 3, Buffett Early Childhood Institute
The educational facilitator will assist the Buffett Institute and school staff in implementing the preschool –third grade component of a comprehensive initiative to eliminate or reduce income-based social,cognitive, and achievement gaps among young children at risk in the Learning Community of Douglas and Sarpy Counties. The initiative relies on a birth – third grade approach in which schools serve as a hub for connecting all early childhood services to provide high-quality continuous programming across the first eight years of life. The preschool – third grade educational facilitators will work on-site at participating schools. Their role will emphasize leadership for preschool – third grade teacher professional development, including teacher and child care provider consultation and coaching. Funding is available from a taxing authority in the Learning Community of Douglas and Sarpy Counties.
• A bachelor’s degree in fields related to early childhood education and elementary education
• Experience as an instructional coach for teachers at the preschool – third grade levels and/or experience in designing and delivering professional development
• Commitment to and knowledge of educational practices that are informed by child development research, with an emphasis on preschool – third grade
• Professional leadership in early childhood education and related fields as documented by active participation in professional organizations and professional presentations
• Demonstrated management and organizational skills related to program implementation
• Willingness to travel to regional school sites
• Master’s degree
• Fluent in Spanish
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities is acquired may be considered.
Applicants should note: The goals of the Institute are university- and state-wide, but the location of the Institute administration will be in Omaha. This position will work out of the Omaha office.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Follow instructions to complete the Standard Application at https://careers.nebraska.edu/postings/1141. Along with your application, attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Direct questions about the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct questions about the online application process to: (402) 472-3701.