Associate Vice President for Digital Education and Director of University of Nebraska Online
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Provost and serving as a member of the academic affairs leadership team, the AVP/Director is responsible for overall leadership in achieving the goals of University of Nebraska Online: to serve the people of the state and beyond through expanded online education opportunities; to grow enrollment nationally and internationally by developing a leadership position in online education; to enhance revenue to the university through its online programs; and to leverage collaboration among the university’s four campuses in the development, administration, and marketing of distance education degree and certificate programs and courses.
The AVP/Director will work with an established NU Online team of professionals and in collaboration with the campuses, the NU Online Steering Committee and system administration colleagues to support the policies, personnel, systems, and resources needed to increase access and enrollment. The AVP/ Director is responsible for the development and collaborative implementation of strategic digital initiatives, digital education market research, the collection of data and assessment of outcomes, regulatory and compliance requirements, report development, promotion of the University of Nebraska brand nationally and internationally and identifying opportunities that advance the mission and goals of the University of Nebraska.
Minimum qualifications for the position:
- Master’s degree;
- Eight-ten years of experience in digital education.
- An earned terminal degree;
- Experience working across the continuum of learners – high school learners, undergraduate, graduate and professional students, alumni, and lifelong learners;
- The ability to leverage online education to enhance access for historically underrepresented students and a commitment to enhancing educational attainment for all students;
- Strong relationship-building qualities;
- An understanding and experience in a shared governance environment;
- Demonstrated management and leadership capabilities, including supervision of a complex and diverse team;
- A robust understanding of digital education at the high school, graduate, professional, and undergraduate levels;
- A familiarity with marketing and market research strategies, including an understanding of the global nature of the distance education market place and strategies for being competitive in this market;
- The ability to develop, execute, and assess business, strategic, and operating plans;
- An entrepreneurial spirit, willing to assess and to accept reasonable risks; and,
- An established network of national and international colleagues.
Applicants with questions may email the search chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit https://careers.nebraska.edu/postings/1361
Complete an applicant profile, attach a resume and letter of application addressing the professional attributes of the position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but applications received by March 31, 2021 will receive priority consideration. First round review of applications begins on April 1, 2021. If you need assistance with your application, please call (402) 472-3701.