Vocational Agriculture Teacher
The Twin River School District is hiring a Vocational Agriculture Teacher (Grades 7-12) for the 2022 – 2023 School Year. The FFA sponsor will also be part of this position. Coaching positions are available. (Varsity Head Football Coach, Jr High Coaching positions)
* Complete the online Application Process
* Letter of Interest
* Copy of College Transcripts
* Copy of Nebraska or out-of-state Teaching Certificate
* No more than four (4) recent letters of recommendation
A copy of the District’s Title IX information may be found at our website – http://www.twinriverschools.org. Please click the Title IX button on the right-hand side of the page.
This position is eligible for Veteran’s Preference.
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, Vocational Agriculture Education along with FFA work to provide students opportunities to build leadership skills, personal growth, and career success.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction..
- Develops standards for critical analysis through group discussions on a variety of reading materials, including the mass media, and a wide range of literature.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of English grammar, word usage, word denotations and connotations, spelling, literature and other content areas taught.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
- Proper Nebraska State Teacher Certification.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Starting Base Salary: $38,200.00
Employment will commence on or about August 10, 2022