High School Special Education Resource
A. Education Level: Bachelors degree or higher
B. Certification or Licensure: Valid Nebraska teaching certificate with an endorsement in Mild/Moderate, LD, or BD.
C. Experience Desired: Teaching experience preferred, but not required.
1. Must be able to develop and implement student IEP’s.
2. Assist multidisciplinary teams in screening, evaluation and recommending placements into special education programs.
3. Develop appropriate educational programs for children with identified handicapping conditions.
4. Work cooperatively with classroom teachers who have students with disabilities in their classrooms for some portion of each day.
5. Consult with parents and professional staff members regarding the educational, social and personal problems of such students.
6. Keep records of evaluations and progress of students as the program requires.
7. Maintain up-to-date curriculum materials appropriate to varying needs of students and a complete inventory of such materials.
8. Assist in placing students with disabilities into appropriate regular classes.
9. Supervision of paraeducators.
10. Teach core curricular areas to verified students.
11. Must comply with state mandates for the education of verified students.
Starting August 2018.