Executive Director of The Valley Child Development Center
General Position Description
The executive director is responsible for the overall management of this unique high-quality child development center that provides care and education for children 6 weeks to age 12. Responsibilities include program development, resource allocation, and business operations. The executive director establishes clear goals for the organization, leads a diverse team of committed and experienced professionals, advises and informs the board of directors, and champions the organization’s overall mission.
This position reports to The Valley Child Development Center Board of Directors.
● Carry out the administrative and operational goals of the organization. Oversee development, implementation, and qualitative assessment of programs and services.
● Promote The Valley Child Development Center’s mission, programs, and values. Establish strong relationships with parents, community groups, donors, volunteers, government officials, and the press.
● Lead and inspire staff to carry out the mission of the organization. Cultivate an engaging climate which attracts and supports a talented, diverse staff who effectively execute programs.
● Ensure adequate funds from diverse revenue streams that sustain and further the organization’s mission. Spearhead fundraising efforts that motivate staff, board, and volunteers to support fundraising goals and efforts.
● Build strong relationships with the Board of Directors and advise the board in governance best practices, board composition, risk management, finance, legal protections, and fundraising. Update the board on center operations, and communicate any issues that may affect the organization and its mission.
● Lead the development, implementation, and assessment of a strategic plan.
● Direct staff and the board in budget preparation and manage resources within budget guidelines.
● Ensure the organization is compliant with relevant nonprofit regulations and maintain transparent, accurate written records.
● Implement best practices for early childhood education staff supervision and human resources.
● Manage and accurately report to the state of Nebraska on child care subsidy and the CACFP as well as maintain health and safety licensing with the Health Department and Nebraska Child Care Licensing.
Ideal Candidates Possess the Following Skills
● Desire to learn and apply new research and the importance of early brain development.
● Experience working with children from birth to age 12.
● Evidence of inclusive conduct for children with disabilities, and children/families from various socio-economic levels and cultural backgrounds.
● Experience with budget management, staff supervision, and working with a board of directors.
● Experience in fundraising including prospect development, donor stewardship, and grant writing.
● Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles.
● Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, including writing and public speaking
● Outstanding leadership, networking, and strategic thinking skills.
Bachelor’s or Graduate degree
Salary Excellent salary dependent upon education and experience
Benefits Include health insurance, retirement, paid holidays, and paid time off
Start Date: June 15th, although dependent upon availability of the new director. Training for the position will be provided in June and July.
Contact InformationThe Valley Child Development Center
500 W. A Avenue
P.O. Box 335
RED CLOUD, Nebraska 68970
(p) (402) 746-3989
How to Apply
To Apply: email cover letter, resume, and two professional references to: email@example.com
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by May 31, 2020 although this position will remain open until filled.