Dual Language Elementary Teacher (K-2)
Job Title: Dual Language Elementary Teacher
Mission: The Catholic Dual Language Academy provides a rigorous bilingual multi-cultural education for children of the Omaha community. We foster future leaders inspired by faith who use their gifts and talents to serve others.
Summary: The Dual Language Academy provides a Two-Way Immersion program for grades
Preschool through Second Grade. The Omaha Catholic School Consortium Dual Language Academy is an educational model that brings together native English speakers and native Spanish speakers so they may learn together and serve as language models for one another. Our Curriculum is designed to challenge all students to be disciples of Jesus Christ by empowering them to reach their fullest potential through quality academics, spiritual, and social experience. The method of instruction is the 90:10 model of Two-Way Immersion in which a majority of the school curriculum is taught in Spanish. Students in Preschool-Kindergarten will receive 90% of their daily instruction in Spanish and 10% in English. Each year, students will receive more instruction in English as the percentage of Spanish instruction time begins to decrease.
Teachers at the Dual Language Academy are passionate, dedicated and are life-long learners of our school community. They are committed to helping our students succeed in their educational development as well as their spiritual, physical and social-emotional development. They embrace the opportunity to develop student’s sociocultural competency, Bilingualism, and Biliteracy, Academic Achievement, by focusing on the needs of each individual child.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Excellent academic language model in both Spanish and English.
• Incorporate all of the standards established by the Archdiocese of Omaha and Nebraska Department of Education.
• Employ a variety of teaching models to engage different learning styles and ability levels in the classroom.
• Demonstrate a continuous effort to improve instructional effectiveness.
• Explore new methods, techniques, and materials in both Spanish and English.
• Plan and organize instruction on a daily basis.
• Designs developmentally appropriate dual-language curriculum with collaborative support from grade-level teams and administration.
• Prepare motivating and stimulating dual-language lessons that reflect knowledge of the curriculum, instructional strategies, and student abilities.
• Maintain student records accurately, neatly, and keep them current.
• Utilize a variety of assessments and use data in the classroom to develop lessons and instructional activities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bilingual in Spanish and English with the ability to teach in Spanish, English, and support acquisition of and bridging between growing literacies in both languages.
• Integrate social-emotional learning within the classroom environment through teaching and classroom management.
• Create a learning environment that is motivating and age-appropriate.
• Seek to actively know students’ strengths and weaknesses and responds promptly and with care to parent concerns. Communicate effectively with parents, colleagues, and administrators.
• Prepare for conferences and provide written documentation on student progress.
• Create a climate that facilitates learning in the classroom.
• Foster an atmosphere where mutual respect and a cooperative spirit are evident.
• The Teacher must hold a Nebraska valid teaching license and be certified in elementary education.
• Start date is August 1, 2020.
• Safe environment and background check.
Start Date August 2020.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) current letters of recommendation to:
Ms. Amanda Alvarado
Dual Language Academy
4501 41st St.
Omaha, NE 68107