Special Education Teacher – Elementary
Thayer Central Community Schools is currently accepting applications for a full-time elementary special education teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. Emphasis in life-skills and behavior is recommended but not required.
Thayer Central is a C-2 school located in south central Nebraska and is approximately 50 miles south of York, NE. The school was consolidated in 2001 and encompasses the former Hebron and Chester-Hubbell-Byron school districts. Thayer Central provides a positive, family-like culture where our students and staff excel in many areas.
Qualifications needed are:
- – Current Nebraska Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Special Education
- – Experience/Understanding with IEP writing and implementation
- – Teamwork oriented
- – Positive and student-centered attitude
Examples of Work:
- · Develop and implement both group and individual lesson plans for daily learning experiences
- · Maintain accurate and complete records
- · Establish and implement behavioral protocols
- · Maintain professional communication with all members of the learning team including students, parents, staff and administration
Position is for the 2021-2022 school year.
How to Apply
Please send a letter of interest along with resume, references and credentials to:
Mr. Kurk Wiedel, Elementary Principal
Thayer Central Community Schools
PO Box 9
Hebron, NE 68370