Pre School Teacher
Pre School Lead Teacher
Full-time Hourly Position: Monday-Friday
The Pre School Lead Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social/emotional, linguistic and physical development to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns. Teachers will maintain confidentiality of program participants and follow program and agency policies and procedures.
This position reports to – Stick Creek Kids Director
Responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following:
· Ensure the safety of each child enrolled in the class whether in the classroom, on the playground, or in common areas
· Create positive and nurturing learning environments based on child directed learning to meet the unique needs of each child.
· Maintain regular observation and evaluation of children’s development and progress as directed by administration
· Accept and maintain responsibility on a daily basis for the ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and cleanliness of the learning environment of the classroom;
· Plan and implement age and developmentally appropriate classroom practices that will include the areas of physical, emotional, social and cognitive needs of the young children
· Encourage children’s development in the areas of building self-confidence, problem solving, and taking responsibility for their actions
· Ensures that the Assistant Teachers and Associate Teachers are kept updated in all matters concerning the classroom and program, meetings, lesson plans, policies & procedures and training.
· Participate in on-going in-service and educational development opportunities provided by the facility.
· Have the ability to learn and comply with all SCK Policy and procedures.
· Ensure a healthy classroom environment- including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
Skills and Abilities:
· Early Child Development knowledge and experience
· Knowledge of Food Program Requirements for the Center.
· Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude /disposition.
· Ability to use the computer to input developmental data.
· Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities.
· Ability to make decisions on behalf of children and protect their well-being.
· Must be able to manage confidential information.
· High energy
· Ability to work well with others.
· Must clear a full background check and must pass health screening.
● Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
● A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
● Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and in case of emergency a 40-pound child.
• 1 to 2-year experience working with children
Certified Teacher: an individual who holds a valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate and who is employed as a staff member or used as a volunteer at a licensed child care center that is on the premises of an accredited or approved school will be considered to have met the qualifications, background checks, health information, and training requirements in these regulations.
Non-certified Teachers: to be employed as a teacher in a licensed child care center, an individual who is not a certified teacher must be at least 18 years of age and of good moral character, and must meet one of the following requirements: