Music Teacher, St.Michael Catholic School, Lincoln
Music Teacher at St. Michael Catholic School, Lincoln, NE
For 2022-2023 School Year
The Saint Michael Catholic School family is a Christ-centered community dedicated to the development of the spiritual formation, academic excellence, and stewardship within the framework of the Gospel and the Tradition of the Catholic Church.
St. Michael Catholic School is seeking an experienced music teacher to provide music instruction in a K-8 setting. The music teacher will be able to teach general music classes and choir, prepare for school liturgies, and conduct a Christmas and spring concert or musical. As well, the music teacher will foster an appreciation of music, encourage active participation, and facilitate students’ skill development in music fundamentals, listening, and vocal and instrumental performance.
The ideal candidate will do the following:
· Maintain high professional standards consistent with the mission of St. Michael
· Exercise effective leadership skills with small and large groups of students
· Have knowledge of sacred and secular music
· Convey passion and enthusiasm for the subject at all grade levels
· Utilize effective classroom management techniques
· Communicate musical concepts clearly and correctly at all grade levels
· Exhibit a commanding stage presence
· Possess a proficient ability to sing and play the piano, guitar, and other instruments
· Assess and document student progress
· Work collaboratively with teachers, staff, and administration
Minimum requirements are the following:
· The ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s degree in content area taught.
· The ideal candidate would hold a valid teaching license for Nebraska.
Please send your resume to Ashley-Rockey@cdolinc.net
This position is for the 2022-2023 academic year. Please send your resume to principal Ashley Rockey, at Ashleyemail@example.com.
How to Apply
Send your resume to Ashley-Rockey@cdolinc.net.