Middle School Teacher
St. Michael’s is seeking applications for a middle school teacher for the 2021-22 school year. The middle school teacher will serve as a core member of the middle school team committed to fulfilling the school’s vision, mission, core beliefs, and goals collaborating regularly with the other members of the team. The teacher will ensure that all 7th grade students have learning opportunities that align with the archdiocese standards and work with all learners toward proficiency and mastery.
The successful candidate will:
- Actively instruct students, create lesson plans, assign and correct homework, manage students in the classroom, differentiate instruction based on data, build positive relationships, communicate effectively with parents, and be a team player
- Instruction would include teaching 5th – 8th grade math OR 5th – 8th grade Language Arts.
- 7th grade homeroom responsibilities and teacher duties
The Successful candidate must:
- Be endorsed in middle school Math or Language Arts or working towards endorsement
- Have a positive attitude and a strengths-based approach to problem solving
- Enjoys sharing and building community with middle school aged children
Starting date for this position is August 9, 2021. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
- May qualify for School Loan forgiveness
- 90% of insurance paid
- Sick and personal days
- Pension Plan