St. John the Baptist Catholic School is searching for its next principal. Building on a foundation of academic excellence and a 135-year tradition, St. John’s is seeking an educator and spiritual leader who fosters Catholic identity by actively participating in the faith life of our school and parish community.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative leader and problem solver with an accessible and approachable style who demonstrates a willingness to listen to new ideas while offering creative solutions and strong leadership to challenges.
The candidate also must:
- Hold a Nebraska Administrative Certificate with a PK-8 endorsement by the time school starts (August 16, 2022).
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the church.
- Be an effective communicator who articulates the mission and vision of the school to all constituents and contributes to building the school community within the parish.
- Be an instructional and academic leader who maintains a positive learning environment as well as encourages and supports the professional development of faculty and staff.
- Be willing to accept direction and responsibilities as a member of the Diocesan Education Program under the authority of the Bishop and his delegated superintendent.
- Be an administrator who works with the school’s Chief Administrative Officer (Pastor of the parish), School Advisory Council, parish and school faculty and parents to promote a positive image of the school.
- Be a knowledgeable resource that plays a key role in strategic planning for the school.
- Be a person who understands budgeting, school finances, advancement and marketing, the operational functions of an organization, and can play a key role in planning the future.