1st Grade Teacher
1st Grade Teacher
- Full-Time Elementary Teacher
- 2019-20 School Year
- Reports directly to principal
St. John the Baptist School is seeking qualified applicants for a 1st grade classroom teacher. The teacher will work daily in a Catholic faith-filled teaching environment focused on the development of the whole student — intellectually, spiritually, physically, emotionally and socially.
• Upholds the philosophy of Catholic education, stewardship and models the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Provides a safe and nurturing atmosphere giving students the opportunity to reach their maximum potential.
• Creates a developmentally appropriate curriculum that includes many different activities on all core subjects.
• Creates activities and exercises designed to promotes learning and is appropriate for all types of development.
• Adapts classrooms lessons and instructions for individualized learning.
• Manages the behavior of all students according to classroom rules and a student code of conduct.
• Builds beneficial relationships with parents and school staff through collaboration, cooperation and communication.
• Elementary education certification
• Possess a Nebraska teaching certificate
• A practicing Catholic
• Complete a Safe Environment Training and a background check
St. John the Baptist is an elementary Pre-K – 8 Catholic school in Plattsmouth with exceptional academic, faith-based traditions and a supportive community.
2019-20 School Year
How to Apply
How to apply:
• Candidates must complete an application form (download applications online at stjbcatholic.com, click on the “Careers” tab)
• Email or fax application, resume and cover letter to Linda Monahan
at firstname.lastname@example.org or (402)296-6961.
• Applications must be received by April 30, 2019.
St. John the Bapt