Computer Science Educator
Computer Science Educator: Kindergarten – 8th grade
The Saint Michael Catholic
School family is a Christ-centered community dedicated to the development of
the spiritual formation, academic excellence, and stewardship within the
framework of the Gospel and the Tradition of the Catholic Church.
St. Michael Catholic School
is seeking a highly qualified, innovative, and enthusiastic person to serve as
our computer science educator, and serve as the Technology Liaison between the
school and the Diocesan Technology Office. Technology is embedded in our daily
instruction, and this teacher will further advance the mission of the school as
a leader in the technological age. The teacher will promote students’
understanding of digital citizenship and ensure they become digitally literate,
while addressing appropriate intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual
The ideal candidate will do
· Maintain high professional standards consistent with the mission of St. Michael
· Exercise effective leadership skills with small and large groups of students
· Teach keyboarding skills
· Incorporate creativity through problem-based learning
· Utilize effective classroom management techniques
· Implement STEM activities using Wonder Robots Dot, Dash, and Cue
· Assess and document student progress
· Work collaboratively with classroom teachers to create highly engaging technology lessons to
support learning objectives
· Troubleshoot common technology problems in the school building
Minimum requirements are the following:
· Teaching degree with emphasis in Instructional Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
· Valid teaching license for Nebraska.
· Candidates must be willing to serve as the Technology Liaison between the school and the Diocesan Technology Office. This includes troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
Please send letter of application and resume to Principal Sue Braun at Sue-Braun@cdolinc.net
2019-2020 School Year