8th Grade Teacher
8th GRADE TEACHER
St. John the Baptist School is seeking qualified applicants for a 8th grade classroom teacher for the 2020-21 school year. The teacher will work daily in a Catholic faith-filled teaching environment focused on the development of the whole student — intellectually, spiritually, physically, emotionally and socially.
• Upholds the philosophy of Catholic education, stewardship and models the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Provides a safe and nurturing atmosphere giving students the opportunity to reach their maximum potential.
• Creates a developmentally appropriate curriculum that includes many different activities on core subjects including Reading, Vocabulary/Spelling, Social Studies, Math/Pre-Algebra and Religion.
• Creates activities and exercises designed to promotes learning and is appropriate for all types of development.
• Adapts classrooms lessons and instructions for individualized learning.
• Manages the behavior of all students according to classroom rules and a student code of conduct.
• Builds beneficial relationships with parents and school staff through collaboration, cooperation and communication.
*Potential opportunity as Athletic Director for 4-8th grade girls volleyball and 4-8th grade boys and girls basketball.
• Elementary education certification
• Possess a Nebraska teaching certificate
• A practicing Catholic
• Complete a Safe Environment Training and a background check
St. John the Baptist is an elementary Pre-K – 8 Catholic school in Plattsmouth with exceptional academic, faith- based traditions and a supportive community.
Starts date June 1, 2020