Health Room Paraprofessional
To provide supportive services to the District Nurse and health services in general.
Education: High School Diploma
Certification: Medication Aide preferred, but not required
Experience: Working with Children and/or in a Health Position
Other Requirements: Good communication skills and computer experience
Reports To: Director of Special Services, Building Principal, and District Nurse
Receives Assignments, Guidance and Training from: District Nurse
1. Provides support services to the District Nurse
2. Participates in health screening programs
3. Helps with record keeping
4. Documents daily student care
5. Administers medication
6. Occasionally assists students with personal care such as toileting or cleaning up after vomiting, etc.
7. Other duties as assigned
Terms of Employment:
At will employment of typically 177 days per school year. Work schedule coincides with the student attendance calendar. The number of hours per position will vary depending upon the assignment. Hourly wage is determined annually by the superintendent and the Board of Education.
This position is open immediately. Starting pay is $12.87/hour.