Parent Educator with the Sixpence Prenatal to Three Program
Schuyler Community Schools is seeking applicants for the following position: Parent Educator with the Sixpence Prenatal to Three Program.
Schuyler Community Schools
· Develop and schedule the program activities, including home visiting, parent/child groups, transition to school activities, and other programmatic activities.
· Provide regular home visits to families (1 hour in length 2 times/month)
· Organize and conduct regular (minimum of one per month) parent/child groups, in the elementary school when possible and feasible.
· Conduct child screenings and make referrals to community providers for follow up assessment as needed.
· Participate in training with some traveling required.
· Fulfill all grant requirements as established by Sixpence Endowment.
· Bachelor’s degree desired in Early Childhood Education or Development, Social Work, Nursing or closely related field. 2 year/associates degree may be accepted in related field.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking/writing required for programs serving monolingual Spanish speaking families
· Experience working with pregnant women, children ages birth to five, and families in rural areas
· Home visiting experience
· Experience leading parent groups
· Demonstrated early childhood knowledge, including infant/toddler knowledge
· Energetic, motivated and creative
· Ability to work independently and with a flexible schedule
· Available and reliable vehicle for visiting families (mileage reimbursed)
· Competency with computers including previous experience with Windows programming and use of the Internet
· Willingness to travel regionally and nationally for training as necessary
· Willingness to collect data and participate in the program evaluation
· The Home Visiting Early Childhood Coordinator position is a full time position, funded for 40 flexible hours per week. It is a full year position.
· Full Family Insurance, Retirement, Disability, Life Insurance.
Please contact Bill Comley at Schuyler Elementary School (402) 352-9940 for more details.
How to Apply
Please go to www.schuylercommunityschools.org Click on the employment Opportunities Link for the job description and to apply. EOE