Elementary Special Education Teacher
Waverly Intermediate School is currently accepting applications for an opening in the area of special education. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain the appropriate endorsement. The successful candidate will be able to:
1. Develop programmng for students with disabilities including students with Intellectual Disabiliities, Autism and Other Health Impairments, including adaptive curriculum and/or inclusive programming or general curriculum.
2. Provide direct instruction in small group or 1:1.
3. Work with grade level teams to support students with special needs.
4. Facilitate IEP meetings.
5. Coordinate support services for individual students on a caseload.
6. Be able to teach, reteach, and monitor growth of individual students.
7. Possess a high degree of flexibility in working with colleagues.
8. Experience with implementing researched based reading interventions.
Position open until filled.
How to Apply
1. Complete the Online Application process www.district145.org
2. Complete the online HumanEx Teacher StyleProfile.