After School Program Assistant
The Quest Forward Academy Junior Swarm After School Program is a skills-forward program, which seeks individuals who are excited and passionate about building the skills necessary for students. We do this by teaching the students to take responsibility for their education, practice the mindset, habits, and skills necessary to be successful in college, trade, career, and life.
The Program Instructor is responsible for teaching a variety of 1.5 hour long after school clubs. Clubs provide students the opportunity to make new friends, build self-confidence, develop strong social skills, improve self-esteem, and have fun. We need instructors for a variety of clubs such as Arts & Crafts, Sports, Fitness, S.T.E.M. activities, music, Drama, homework help and etc…
Some experience working with students and parents. Must have reliable transportation.
- ● Create and implement lesson plans appropriate for the club.
- ● Connect with and enjoy working with 7th and 8th grade students.
- ● Incorporate and model our Junior Swarm principles in your work
- ● Visual and Auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- ● Ability to observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate classroom and behavior management techniques.
- ● Lead students in activities.
- ● Create and implement lesson plans for the clubs.
- ● Establish good rapport with the students and parents.
- ● Effectively communicate with the Program Coordinator.
- ● Provide a safe and welcoming environment for all students.
- ● Be reliable and attend work hours assigned.
This position has a starting salary of $16.00/hour, with 8-10 hours/week. Begin date will be October 3, 2022. Position is open until filled.