/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
Director of Preschool
Peace Lutheran Church
Grand Island, Nebraska
MISSION: Peace Lutheran Preschool is a mission outreach of Peace Lutheran Church to the children and families of Grand Island and the surrounding communities. The mission of Peace Lutheran Preschool is to equip and engage children and families to join God in His mission to bring all people into an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ by providing a developmentally appropriate Christ-centered program.
INTRODUCTION: The Director of Preschool is a full-time, 12-month salaried position with benefits, serving ages 3 to 5-years-old, that requires on site presence and availability during hours of church operations (7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) as well as some evening meetings and weekend events.
· The Director will have at least a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or a related field with all required certifications.
· The Director will have successful experience as a preschool classroom teacher and/or as a preschool director.
· The Director will live a life that gives witness to the Lord Jesus Christ, be a servant leader, and support the vision and ministries of Peace Lutheran Church in word and action.
· Consistent with Peace Lutheran Bylaws the Preschool Director will be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
· Preschool Advisory Team: The Preschool Advisory Team functions as an appointed advisory team to serve beside the Director.
· The Director will work together with the Team in an ongoing way to evaluate the fiscal, policy and strategic strengths and needs of the ministry. It is the goal of the Team to assure that the Preschool fulfills the stated mission.
· The Director will provide reports to the Mission and Ministry Council (MMC) and the Voters.
ü The Director is responsible to develop an annual strategic plan, calendar, and budget and to recommend such through the Senior Pastor to the MMC.
ü The Director is responsible to create and maintain a staffing plan that complies with local, state and accreditation requirements. Such will be submitted as a recommendation to the MMC through the Senior Pastor and be consistent with the budget.
ü The Director will assure that developmentally appropriate Christian education connections are incorporated into all aspects of the daily instruction.
ü The Director will provide methods and curriculum for teachers leading Jesus Time daily devotions in the classroom.
ü The Director is responsible to orient, train, supervise, evaluate, and manage the Preschool staff.
ü The Director is responsible, when necessary, to make recommendations through the Associate Pastor to the Preschool Advisory Team for staff hires, discipline, and releases.
ü The Director is responsible to design and implement a plan for staff development and evaluation.
ü The Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Preschool and Summer Program. This responsibility includes fiscal, administrative, curricular, parental, and staff needs. This ministry will operate in a manner consistent with city, state and accreditation regulations and licensures.
ü The Director is responsible to maintain and implement staff and parent handbooks along with all Preschool policies.
ü The Director is responsible to maintain all records and data-bases necessary to operate the Preschool.
ü The Director is responsible to develop, maintain, and implement security and emergency processes and procedures.
ü The Director is responsible for the development and implementation of all Preschool scholarship, grant and fund raising processes.
ü The Director is responsible for submitting all Preschool payroll requests.
ü The Director, with assistance from the Preschool Advisory Team, will set tuition levels and staffing pay schedule, as well as recommend the annual program budget to the MMC.
ü The Director is responsible, in connection with the annual strategic plan, to develop and implement a student recruitment and P.R. plan within the congregation and the community.
ü The Director is responsible to maintain communications processes and vehicles inclusive of print, electronic, web, and social media.
ü The Director is responsible, in conjunction with the annual strategic plan, to incorporate outreach and mission strategies to serve Preschool families.
Offering a competitive salary based upon experience and education with full family benefits. Start date is June 2020.
Program serves a student population of over 110 during the school year with morning and afternoon extended care, 15+ staff, and a summer program.