Information Technology Data Specialist
Job Summary: Supports the smooth and efficient operation of the district administrative data systems. Focusing on data accuracy to ensure accurate Federal, State and Local reports. Responsibilities include federal and state staff reporting, data mining for administrators, board of education and other departments. Support and maintain the district’s finance, HR and staff management systems. Maintenance/creation of reports for K-12 schools, tech support for district data systems. Ability to maintain confidentiality is crucial to the role.
- Ability to write SQL, SSIS packages & establish needed workflows to automate tasks in conjunction with agency Educational Service Unit 3 (ESU#3).
- Use of complex expressions to calculate, group, filter, parameterize, optimize and format custom reports using Cognos reports. Maintain existing reports.
- Must have advanced Excel skills to include vertical lookups, horizontal lookups, advanced formulas, filtering and the -ability to work with complex datasets in multiple tabs and workbooks.
- Ensure that staff data to support local, state and federal reporting is available for those identified data requirements.
- Support and maintain the district’s finance, HR and staff management systems, including documentation for internal tasks as well as training documentation.
- Plan for training district staff members as needed during upgrades and enhancements to data systems.
- Ensure that needed reports and data requests are available in a timely manner.
- Works with other team members in the technology, business and human resources departments to maintain employee and student accounts with applicable life cycle policies.
- Looks for and recommends improvements to automate various district systems to improve efficiencies and maintain clean, operational systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment while being student and team oriented. Assist in supporting the district’s data and technology teams goals as needed.
- Assign, route, and monitor open tickets via helpdesk software and phone calls
Qualifications: Understanding of Microsoft SQL scripting and Excel experience required. Familiarity with Cognos reporting tools is a plus. Candidates may be asked to demonstrate their knowledge and skill set related to SQL scripting and Excel.
Start date upon hire
How to Apply
Application Procedure: As a current employee of Papillion La Vista Community Schools you must submit an internal application. However, if you are applying from one classification to another such as a classified employee to certified employee or Paraprofessional to Custodian, you are asked to submit an External Application with the district so that we will have the additional information needed to accurately evaluate your qualifications for this position.
If you have any questions please contact Human Resources at AskHR@plcshools.org or 402-537-6213.