High School Principal – 2022-23 School Year
Papillion La Vista Community Schools is seeking a High School Principal at Papillion La Vista High School to:
- Be a community-centered leader overseeing all aspects of a thriving Class A Nebraska High School
- Foster a culture of pride and excellence
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with staff, students and families
- Support the learning environment of the school and classrooms
- Be a visionary leader with a student-centered focus
- Display high integrity and hold students and staff to high standards
- Possess strong curriculum knowledge and successful teaching experience
- Value communication with strong follow-through
Papillion La Vista High School is a grades 9-12 Class A high school in Nebraska serving 1,800 students. PLHS is a neighborhood school that is located just south of Omaha. A strong team of staff, parents, and community members are all committed to making a difference in the lives of each student. Papillion-La Vista Community Schools is fully accredited through the Nebraska Department of Education and Cognia earning an exemplary ratine. There are currently only 828 public school districts in the United States and 24 in the state of Nebraska that are accredited at the District level.
PLHS is one of two high schools in Papillion La Vista Community Schools, the 4th largest district in Nebraska. The school district serves 12,000 students in K-12 as well as preschool and post-high school programs.
Qualifications: Masters Degree in Educational Administration; Nebraska Department of Education Administrative Certificate with a Principal Endorsement required; School improvement leadership experience; Effective presentation skills and staff leadership experience; Knowledge of developmentally appropriate educational practices for secondary students; Strong analytical and program evaluation skills.
The position officially begins July 1, 2022 and is a year round job offering a competitive salary and benefits.
Application procedure: Applications will be accepted at www.plcschools.org from October 26-November 26, 2021. Applicants who are current internal employees by Papillion La Vista Community Schools are asked to submit an External Application with the district for this position so that we will have the additional information needed to accurately evaluate qualifications.
If you have any questions please contact Human Resources at AskHR@plcschools.org or Dr. Kati Settles at 402-537-6206.
PLHS webpage: www.plcschools.org/Domain/1373
Papillion La Vista Community Schools webpage: www.plcschools.org