Secondary Automotive Teacher
Position Purpose: Plans for, teaches, and facilitates learning for all students. Creates a positive learning environment. Maintains academic progress, records, and discipline. Works collaboratively with students, parents and staff to provide and implement classroom education to meet the needs of all students. Works collaboratively with local employers to increase workforce supply in skilled trades, fueling job creation and economic growth.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Education: Preferred – STS Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum – A valid NE Teaching Certificate or the ability to obtain a Teaching Career Education Permit. Individuals in the skilled trades or Veterans who have a minimum of five years career experience in the electrical field, automotive field, or welding field are encouraged to apply.
- A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will learn.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent communication skills oral and written.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the career field
- Electrical Teacher – in this position you will be responsible for knowledge and skills in safety, electrical theory, tools, codes, installation of electrical equipment, and the reading of electrical drawings, schematics, and specifications.
- Automotive Teacher – in this position you will be responsible for providing knowledge and skills in fundamental automotive services at the maintenance and light repair level as well as engine performance, steering and suspension, and introductory diesel.
- Welding Teacher – in this position you will be responsible for providing knowledge and skills in safety, MIG, TIG, and ARC, 0XY/ACE welding and fabrication, cutting, and plasma cutting.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
- This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents and community partners.
- A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a continuous quest for quality education.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Developing students’ cognitive capacity and respect for learning.
- Positively fostering students’ self-esteem.
- Working with and understanding a diverse student population.
- Implementation of state and local course standards into the curriculum.
- Planning for and guiding the learning process to help student achieve program objectives.
- Maintaining positive classroom and lab atmospheres conducive to learning
- Implementing useful progress assessment measures and monitoring student outcome data.
- Selecting and using effective instructional methods and learning materials.
- Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned students.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents/guardians/staff/local employers.
- Engaging in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job-related knowledge and skill development.
- Working collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the school’s program and support the District’s vision, aims and goals.
- Integrating the themes of leadership, technology, and communication with a diverse population.
Positions Open: Automotive Tech Teacher
Location: Career Center
Salary Schedule: As outlined in applicable negotiated agreement; 24-25 starting salary – $50,500