JROTC Senior Army Instructor
Position Purpose: The JROTC Senior Army Instructor is responsible for overseeing the school’s JROTC program. The senior army instructor works collaboratively with the army instructor, students, parents, administration, and staff to provide and implement classroom instruction and program leadership to meet the needs of all students within the JROTC program. This is accomplished by providing students with appropriate learning experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for academic, emotional, physical, and social growth. Additionally, the senior army instructor helps students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society. The senior army instructor follows the established JROTC/OPS curriculum and is responsible for creating a positive learning environment, maintaining academic progress and records, and discipline in the JROTC program.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited college or university.
- A valid NE Teaching Certificate or the ability to obtain one with appropriate endorsement(s) in JROTC.
- Approval from United States Army Cadet Command.
- Rank of Captain or higher.
- Instructor must receive certification from US Army Cadet Command
- Command Experience preferred.
- Experience teaching or working with youth groups preferred.
- A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will learn.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent communication skills oral and written.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional Practices in the JROTC Classroom.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Professional verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience.
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
- This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents and the community.
- A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a continuous quest for quality education.
- Oversees entire JROTC program at the building.
- Developing students’ cognitive capacity and respect for learning.
- Positively fostering students’ self-esteem.
- Working with and understanding a diverse student population.
- Integration of leadership, technology, and communication into the curriculum.
- Planning for and guiding the learning process to help students achieve program objectives.
- Maintaining a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Implementing useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures.
- Selecting and using effective instructional methods and learning materials.
- Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned students.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents/ guardians/ staff.
- Engaging in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job-related knowledge and skill development.
- Working collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the school’s program and support the District’s vision, aims and goals.
- Integrating of the themes of leadership, technology, and communication with a diverse population.
Salary: $45,000 (23-24) and $50,500 (24-25) / Commensurate with experience