JROTC Army Instructor
Position Purpose: Provide JROTC students with appropriate learning experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth; enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society. Plans for, teaches, and facilitates learning for all students. Creates a positive learning environment. Maintains academic progress, records, and discipline. Works collaboratively with students, parents and staff to provide and implement classroom education to meet the needs of the students. Educates students to prepare them for the 21st Century; college or career ready.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Education: Minimum of an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university. (Bachelor’s degree in Education is preferred).
- A valid NE Teaching Certificate or the ability to obtain one with appropriate endorsement(s) in JROTC.
- Approval from United States Army Cadet Command.
- Staff Sergeant (SSG) or higher.
- Retired from the Army for less than three years OR if still active duty, must have retirement orders and within six months of retirement or terminal leave date.
- Experience in supply, administration, drill, and ceremonies.
- Experience teaching or working with youth groups preferred.
- A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will learn.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent communication skills oral and written.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional Practices in the JROTC Classroom.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Professional verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience.
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
- This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents and the community.
- A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a continuous quest for quality education.
- Assists JROTC Senior Instructor with building JROTC program.
- Developing students’ cognitive capacity and respect for learning.
- Positively fostering students’ self-esteem.
- Working with and understanding a diverse student population.
- Integration of leadership, technology, and communication into the curriculum.
- Planning for and guiding the learning process to help students achieve program objectives.
- Maintaining a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Implementing useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures.
- Selecting and using effective instructional methods and learning materials.
- Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned students.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents/ guardians/ staff.
- Engaging in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job-related knowledge and skill development.
- Working collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the school’s program and support the District’s vision, aims and goals.
- Integrating of the themes of leadership, technology, and communication with a diverse population.
Salary: $45,000 (23-24) and $50,500 (24-25) / Commensurate with experience